You Position: Home > Paper

The image characteristics of spectral-domain optical coherence tomography on retinal tuft

( views:2, downloads:0 )
Author:
No author available
Journal Title:
Chinese Journal of Ocular Fundus Diseases
Issue:
11
DOI:
10.3760/cma.j.cn511434-20210917-00531
Key Word:
视网膜突起;体层摄影术,光学相干;影像特征;Tomography, optical coherence;Retinal tuft;Imaging feature

Abstract´╝Ü Objective:To describe the spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) features of retinal tuft.Methods:A retrospective clinical study. From May 2019 to April 2020, 22 patients (22 eyes) diagnosed as retinal tuft by clinical fundus examination in Eye Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University at Hangzhou were included in the study. There were 9 eyes in 9 males and 13 eyes in 13 females. All patients underwent ultra-widefield laser scanning fundus photography and SD-OCT examination. SD-OCT was performed with a 55° wide-angle lens to observe the morphology, color, size and location of the lesions.Results:Twenty-six retinal tuft lesions were found in 22 eyes, all of which were solitary, gray, thylakoid and protrusion. SD-OCT images showed that all the lesions of retinal tuft showed a local protuberant appearance with moderate and hyperreflectivity, which was higher than the surrounding retina plane. In 22 lesions (84.62%, 22/26), there were one or more irregular hyporeflective cavities between the retinal neuroepithelial layers, and the other 4 lesions (15.38%,4/26) contained no hyporeflective cavities. In addition, 23 cases (88.46%, 23/26) with hyperreflective condensed cortical vitreous attached to the retina at the top of lesions, 8 cases (30.77%, 8/26) with retinal tear, and 6 cases (23.08%, 6/26) with shallow retinal detachment.Conclusions:In SD-OCT, the retinal tufts show moderate and strong local protrusion, which are higher than the surrounding retinal plane. In most of the lesions, there are multiple or single irregular weak reflex cavities, and there are hyperreflective condensed cortical vitreous attached to the retina at the top of lesions. Local retinal tears or shallow retinal detachment are present in some lesions.

  • This article has no references!
WanfangData CO.,Ltd All Rights Reserved
About WanfangData | Contact US
Healthcare Department, Fuxing Road NO.15, Haidian District Beijing, 100038 P.R.China
Tel:+86-010-58882616 Fax:+86-010-58882615 Email:yiyao@wanfangdata.com.cn