Observation on the effect of comprehensive treatment on secretory otitis with the new type dual-tunnel-eustachian-washing tube

( views:323, downloads:0 )
Author:
CHEN Zheng-ming(Department of Otolaryngology, No. 411 Hospital, CPLA, Shanghai 200081, China)
CHEN Bu-lei()
XU Yi-fei(Department of Otolaryngology, No. 411 Hospital, CPLA, Shanghai 200081, China)
ZHU Yuan-feng(Department of Otolaryngology, No. 411 Hospital, CPLA, Shanghai 200081, China)
Journal Title:
Chinese Journal of Nautical Medicine and Hyperbaric Medicine
Issue:
Volume 19, Issue 04, 2012
DOI:
10.3760/cma.j.issn.1009-6906.2012.04.011
Key Word:
Dual tunnel;Eustachian tube;Washing tube;Secretory Otitis

Abstract: Objective To investigate the effect of comprehensive treatment with triamcinolone acetonide on secretory otitis with the new type dual-tunnel-eustachian-washing tube.Methods Forty-five patients with secretory otitis,who sought medical help in the hospital from August 2009 to July 2011,were chosen and divided into the control group and the treatment group,with knowledge and agreement of the patients.There were 25 cases (36 ears) in the treatment group.The new type dual-tunnel-eustachian-washing tube was placed in the eustachian tube under the nasal endoscope and washed tympanic cavity and eustachian tube with triamcinolone acetonide.In the control group,there were 20 cases (30 ears),that received auripucture and injection of methylprednisolone and α-chymotrypsin in the tympanic cavity.Results In the treatment group,25 ears were cured ( accounting for 69.4% ) and 5 ears improved ( accounting for 13.9% ),with a total effective rate of 83.3%.In the control group,22 ears were cured ( accounting for 73.3% ) and 2ears improved ( accounting for 6.7% ),with a total effective rate of 80.0%.No statistical significance could be noted,when comparisons were made between the 2 groups ( P > 0.05 ).In the treatment group,26 ears positively responded to first treatment ( accounting for 72.2% ),while in the control group 21 ears responded to first treatment ( accounting for 70.0% ).No statistical difference could be seen,when comparisons were made between the 2 groups( P >0.05).For the treatment group,there was statistical significance in the incidence of otalgia,vertigo,drum membrane scar,middle ear infection and other side-effects,when it was compared with that of the control group(P >0.05).One month after surgery,5 ears in the HBO group recurred,with a recurrence rate of 13.9%,while 11 ears in the control group recurred,with a recurrence rate of 36.7%.There was statistical significance,when comparisons were made between the 2 groups (P < 0.05 ).Conclusions The new type dual-tunnel-eustachian-washing tube could be used for sampling and suctioning,and when it was placed in eustachian tube,it could be used to wash and clean the tympanic membrane and the eustachian tube,so that swelling would be eliminated and mucosal function be improved.Its curative effect for the treatment of secretory otitis was similar to that achieved through the classical auripucture drug application method,but with fewer cases of otagia,lower rate of recurrence and fewer side-effects.

  • [1]张伟,鲁文军,王士美,等.高压氧治疗对鼓室功能曲线的影响.中华航海医学与高气压医学杂志,2004,11(4):240.
  • [2]徐怀诚.高压氧耳部并发症人工气道的影响.国外医学耳鼻咽喉科学分册,1996,20(3):162.
  • [3]张伟,鲁文军,顾东胜.高压氧治疗的并发症.中国耳鼻咽喉头颈外科,2005,12(6):370.
  • [4]黄选兆,汪吉宝,孔维佳.实用耳鼻咽喉头颈外科学.2版.北京:人民卫生出版社,2007:682-683.
  • [5]陈争明,许益飞,韩小江,等.鼻内镜下曲安奈德冲洗咽鼓管治疗慢性分泌性中耳炎.听力学及言语疾病杂志,201 1,19(1):68-69.
  • [6]Slavinskii AA,Semenov FV.Disputable aspects of the problem of exudative otitis media.Vestn Otorinolaringol,2006,(2):62-65.
  • [7]Anon JB.Current management of acute bacterial rhinosinusitis and the role of moxifloxacin.Clin Infec Dis,2005,41(suppl2):167-176.
  • [8]Van zele T,Claeys S,Gevaert P,et al.Differentiation of chronic sinus diseases by measurement of inflammatory mediators.Allergy,2006,61(1 1):1280-1289.
  • [9]Vlastarakos PV,Nikolopoulos TP,Maragoudakis P,et al.Biofilms in ear,nose and throat infections:how important are they.Laryngoscope,2007,117(4):668-673.
WanfangData CO.,Ltd All Rights Reserved
About WanfangData | Contact US
Healthcare Department, Fuxing Road NO.15, Haidian District Beijing, 100038 P.R.China
Tel:+86-010-58882616 Fax:+86-010-58882615 Email:yiyao@wanfangdata.com.cn